Participants in the Battle of the Little Big Horn

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Today is hot outside, so we are staying in. Heat dome on us with temps in the mid-90s. Could be worse, could be better.

We are just hanging out now during the middle of the day. I been reading a book I picked up in April. Mid April found us driving to Wabash Indiana so my wife can visit a quilt shop. While there we had an instersting luch and afterwards walked around. We came across a large old bookstore. I bought a number af books, one was titled "the Choctaw of Bayou Lacomb St Tammany Parish Louisiana " published. 1909.

Fount it on Amazon (this edition published 2016, mine in 2011 and lower in cost)

I recently started reading in the evenings another book I picked up titled "Participants in the Battle of the Little Big Horn". This book details the battle and has a comprehensive, A to Z, list of individuals in the battle - The Seventh Calvary; Civilians; Quartermaster Employees and Scouts; and Indian Present and estimates of their Strength. I had not read a book like this so I thought I would share some of it.

1718641224600.png

1718641286087.png

1718641421144.png

1718641442796.png

Upvote 5
Cool. Been to the location once. Beautiful country. Just started reading one myself my daughter got me for Father's Day about Doc Holliday. Georgia boy

Today is hot outside, so we are staying in. Heat dome on us with temps in the mid-90s. Could be worse, could be better.

We are just hanging out now during the middle of the day. I been reading a book I picked up in April. Mid April found us driving to Wabash Indiana so my wife can visit a quilt shop. While there we had an instersting luch and afterwards walked around. We came across a large old bookstore. I bought a number af books, one was titled "the Choctaw of Bayou Lacomb St Tammany Parish Louisiana " published. 1909.

Fount it on Amazon (this edition published 2016, mine in 2011 and lower in cost)

I recently started reading in the evenings another book I picked up titled "Participants in the Battle of the Little Big Horn". This book details the battle and has a comprehensive, A to Z, list of individuals in the battle - The Seventh Calvary; Civilians; Quartermaster Employees and Scouts; and Indian Present and estimates of their Strength. I had not read a book like this so I thought I would share some of it.

View attachment 2154519
View attachment 2154520
View attachment 2154521

View attachment 2154522
Very cool. I love that kind of stuff. I'm always in search of old journals and such. I'm facinated by them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back