God Bless America!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130404_165944.png
    ForumRunner_20130404_165944.png
    377.9 KB · Views: 243
Upvote 0
Here's one from my collection if it helps.

Attachments

• image-3711863490.jpg
    image-3711863490.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 183
Damn, that there's a time capsule! Wonder what kinda note is inside. As for the shell itself, looks to me like a .50 caliber, and the marks on the bottom are probably just manufacturer marks. Nice find, and don't forget to tell us what the papers say! Congrats and HH!

i remember when i lived in florida and would find plastic tampon cases all over then i found out people keep there drugs in them..weird...
so be careful you never know what might be inside..just food for thought.
owg..

Maybe it's a admission of guilt note and that casing was used in a murder........OHHHHHHHHH :laughing7:

I've seen what .50 cal does to humans. It's not pretty. Lots of kinetic energy behind that bullet.

It's 50 cal. I looked up the head stamp. Its from Twin Cities Ammo Plant. Could have been made anytime from WWII through Vietnam.

I've shot these both through the machine gun and the Barret sniper rifle. This is hands down one of the best bullet in the u.s. arsenal. This baby will reach out and touch your target.

Here is a link to headstamps. Stick it in your bookmarks for reference. Btw, its not 35...its 53, for 1953. Twin City didn't open until 42.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headstamp

EOD...I'm glad we're the ones with the 50 BMG. Its gotta make a mess of soft fleshy targets!

I'm with EOD. Bad mamma jamma. Definitely ma deuce. Hey brotha we just tested some AP's through cinder block plaster reinforced walls with soft tissue targets behind them........SPAAAAALATTTTT! (1450 yards)

It's amazing how many bullets/shells you can find in a park. Are you near a military base?

Here's one from my collection if it helps.

I see a paw in your picture. What's his/her name?

There are a couple bases in the area, but this is a real small park. Tucked away in the middle of a neighborhood. More than likely it was a souvenir, or something like that.

As for the paw, that's my 6mo German Sheppard 'LuLu'. She is 'all up in my business'! She needs to smell, lick and nibble EVERYTHING I have in my hand. If you try and hide something from her, she will paw at you until you submit.

That would be my male pit bull "Patriot" hence the red and white coat.

Attachments

• image-2213893417.jpg
    image-2213893417.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 86

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back