Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140121_150546.png
    ForumRunner_20140121_150546.png
    149.8 KB · Views: 209
Upvote 0
Hey man thats great! I have some family that owns a Ranch near Goldwaithe...is that near you?

I haven't heard of that town. I'm from Montana, came down here for the winter to help a friend that owns this ranch because he's recovering from being shot in the head.

The black sand shows that your technique is probably good, congrats on that! Now, just find some material with gold in it...maybe back in Montana where gold was found historically. Or if you drive home, stop here in CO for a prospectors holiday!!

I have heard of a few people finding some gold on the upper Brazos. I guess that's where you're panning. I don't think anyone has ever said there is enough to make it commercially feasible, but if you have a spot that is producing the black sand and quartz, you got nothing to lose but a little time! :icon_thumleft:

Lot of gold colored minerals in Texas. Gold in north Texas, maybe, maybe not. Better test it...

There is gold in N Texas. I just got back from a trip breaking in my new wash plant. Average of 15-20 peices per pan. Now that being said it is all under 50- a lot under 200- Hard to catch its flat and will float easy. Good luck and keep looking.

image-2872274835.jpg

image-1481714136.jpg

Great finds, I need to go up and get some gold soon.:2barsgold: you should smack it with a hammer to test it.

Llano river and spots near Marble Falls. Balconi Ranch. Not much but some. GL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back