Panning for gold Aug21 22 2013

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I still have been working on those two cracks. Wednesday was a really good day. I made some good progress and was able to remove some rock and get into the pay line.. It is amazing how much gold is in these little cracks.. Monday Tuesday and Thursday had tool breakage that put my work to a end early and I had to hike out to get replacements..Not uncommon for stuff to break but this last week seems to be allot more then uasual..Anyway even with the problems I broke personal records this week and have pretty much finished the one crack with only a very small and stubborn section remaining..the other crack I will leave for a few weeks and hope the rain stays away and the waterline drops a little more.

I had more video footage taken with my other camera but when I was hammering on a rock a piece flew off and hit and it went into the river. Figures. Oh yea also I saw three river otters playing in the rapids not but 5 feet where I was working they hung out with me for about 5 min such cool little creatures.. Well I hope everyone is on some decent gold...

Upvote 0
Great video, thanks for sharing! nice gold out of the crack. Not going to ask where you are, but what is your elevation? Nice clear water! I love it. I have been stuck going by myself lately, so I hesitate to venture too far down any one canyon. Looks like a great spot, keep workin that crack brother, looks like you're doing well! :occasion14:

Great video, thanks for sharing! nice gold out of the crack. Not going to ask where you are, but what is your elevation? Nice clear water! I love it. I have been stuck going by myself lately, so I hesitate to venture too far down any one canyon. Looks like a great spot, keep workin that crack brother, looks like you're doing well! :occasion14:

If you are willing to make the walk have at it.. Stevens Trail Past the old bridge site to Iowa Hill then another mile or so upriver I think elevation 1400 or so.. BeSafe

Not to much smoke hanging around there...

The morning's seem to be the worse for the smoke.....I was at Eurche Bar Yesterday and walked to the Dorer Ranch( Humbug Bar) Anyway the whole gorge was hazy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back