Painful search pays off...a llittle.....

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I responded earliertoday to a post "Today Box $ 500" http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,148899.0.html
That I'm back on the Sunk box search. $3k in halves 3-40%ers. So after dumping I figured I'd give Dimes and Nickles a try. As I have read some recent success story's lately, Like the guy who found like 50 mercury dimes. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,148088.0.html
And he happens to be a Michigander like me. (which is exciting)
Now I have tried boxes of dimes on occasion. Like when you just dumped your last batch of ordered Halves for the week and got skunked all week. So you buy a box of dimes at the dump bank out of desperation. Cause you just GOTTA find silver. :tongue1: But I didn't really enjoy the search. It's much harder than halves if your looking at the dates. Those dimes are so tiny, they slip Through your fingers & fall on the floor, the wrappers are so tight and the plastic wraps are even worse for me, it's crazy!! :BangHead: That doesn't stop me though.

Anyway I bought 3 box's of Dimes and a box of Nickles.....My Results

Dimes...... None..... Skunked. :BangHead: unless you want to count the Canadian dimes, (Which by the way, here on the Detroit -Windsor border it's not something anyone wants in their change.) they are treated like booger stuck on your finger. :tard: ...Well I got 27 of them 1 was a 68 the rest newer even got a 2007 :BangHead:

Nickles..... Most of the Post's (it seems) save everything older than 1960.

I pulled out 50 older than 1960 in total.
Most notable a 1934 Buffalo Nickle my first. At least since 1968 when I was a kid and with an actual date on it. :thumbsup:
A 1945 P war nickle.
The balance are between 1939 and 1959
I also got 22 of those pesky Canadian Nickles. :BangHead: Oldest 1965
And some foreign coin.. It reads 10 PYbnEN yr.=1992it's kinda cool it's got a 2 headed eagle on it.

That's it that's my report.
Oh I almost forgot I have a sore back a stiff neck, my eyes hurt and I have a headache. :crybaby2: LOL

The Buffalo was cool though. Nice surprise. I was hopeing, but not expecting.

CRH Mojo

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back