Padre Island finds/ Change made it a happy meal!!!

lostdutchman

Sep 22, 2006
Padre Island finds/ Change made it a happy meal!!!

Finally got out of the house to get a way and do some digging. Took the dog and loaded up the detector and Headed over to Padre island, across the causeway from Corpus Christi. On the way, I swung though McDonalds for a little breakfast, and when the drive thru girl handed me my change, I did what I always do and pitched it in the cupholder. When the change hit the plastic in the console, I heard a more "tinny" sound. And I knew it had to be silver. I pulled it out and was happy to see a 1940 Nickel and a 1964 Quarter...
There was heavy sea fog when i hit the island so I wasn't really expecting to to do too well on such a dreary damp day...but I found a man's ring, an earring, a chunk of chain, and what looks to be someone's service award bracelet. Take a look!

Attachments

• nickel.jpg
    nickel.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 629
  • Quarter.jpg
    Quarter.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 626
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 624
  • bell.jpg
    bell.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 628
Upvote 0
Re: Padre Island finds/ Change made it a happy meal!!!

LD,

Looks as if you are keeping with the season, Silver & Gold! Way to go.

Ed D.

Great finds!

Right on with the finds. Better hit it again on a day like that. HH
Burdie :)

Nice finds! I believe the MST&T is the Mountain States Telephone & Telegraph, or "Mountain Bell", which was in Dever Co. until 1991, when is was merged into part of a larger company.

nhbenz said:
Nice finds! As best I can figure the MST&T is the Mountain States Tel & Tel. (telephone co)

I agree! (Disagreeing would be downright disagreeable.)

The Mountain States Telephone & Telegraph Co. was formed in 1911 by a merger of several smaller companies and was widely known in later years as Mountain Bell. More info:

http://www.telcomhistory.org/vm/historiesMtStates.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northwestern_Bell#Mountain_States_Telephone_.26_Telegraph

holy smokes dude !!!!!!!!!! knocked em dead..... ;D ;D

Neat find a 10 years of service bracelet wish more places did this

Nice finds!

Nice digs!

hh

Nice pile-o-booty!
Congrats....Joe

Wow a nose AND an ear for treasure ! Congrat's !

If i find that much silver and gold in my first 6 months of detecting, I'll rescind what I am about to say, but for now, here it is- I AM COMPLETELY JEALOUS OF YOU. great day of hunting!

Nice Finds.

I'm heading for Padre Island next week with my MD. Now I can't wait to get there:)

Wow, gotta love silver when you find it at Micky D's. And as for the Gold out at Padre, Wow, way to go. One of my hunting partners always talks about the times he used to hunt at Padre Island. He said a guy with a back hoe dug up a old ship anchor and was looking for the ship. That was way back in the late 1960's.

Again Congrats on your great finds.

HH< Ringfinder

Wow. That dreary day started off with a bang. It's the kind of day where everything goes your way. The kind of day that actually stays with you for a couple of days. I love those days. Makes it all worthwhile. Kinda like seeing your favorite crappy team win a couple. Congrats all that shiny stuff.

Laater...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back