Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not the usual what is it, but I found a very different feather out on the fringe of woods and a pasture maybe 200 yards from a barn in se Kansas, it’s close to a lot of owls on google but all of those have fairly well defined bars this is more camo like… anyone know what dropped this feather
IMG_1219.jpeg
IMG_1221.jpeg
IMG_1220.jpeg

Not the usual what is it, but I found a very different feather out on the fringe of woods and a pasture maybe 200 yards from a barn in se Kansas, it’s close to a lot of owls on google but all of those have fairly well defined bars this is more camo like… anyone know what dropped this featherView attachment 2158322View attachment 2158324View attachment 2158325
Looks a lot like a hen pheasant rump feather, do you have pheasants nearby? I used to tie flies and used them for that. Edited to say it's not an owl feather, some kind of game bird.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Western Kansas is a great spot for pheasant but around here it’s quail, or at least used to be. I’ve never heard of pheasant around here but i wouldn’t say it’s impossible. But maybe I’ll look in that direction… pheasant, prairie chicken maybe?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back