Owl Creek in Lexington TN

C

celestialbeaver

My dad build a house on owl creek in pope subdivision. Farther down my grandad has a house on the same creek. Obviously I have heard the tale of confederate gold being buried somewhere around the creek. In fact, when my grandad bought the land, the guy he brought it from tried to put all rights to minerals found on it but my grandad refused. The same guy had people come check all along the creek. I have no idea if this is real or just a bunch of goofy folklore to make the small town of Lexington popular or what. But I did find an old treasure hunting guide from when I lived in Vanceburg KY way up on the ohio river and was amazed to find that the legend was so popular as to be published. Anyway, if anyone knows anything or has any leads, I would be interested to find out more. I could care less about the money I just wanna know more about the history. I can tell you I have walked along the creek many times and even dug at a few spots as a kid and never found anything more than dirt and worms but then again I was like 12 so...anyway, email me at [email protected] if you know anything or are interested in maybe starting up a search. Later

Upvote 0
"A guide to treasure in Kentucky and Tennessee", by Michael Paul Henson.
I'm not familiar with the story, but this guy probably wrote about it.
Check on Ebay for the book.

Definetley sound's like something to check into,what the heck...But first I'd detect your Grandfather's place and surrouding area's.Sorry I can't help you on the subject cb but good luck in the future....Welcome and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back