out-STANDING.....50 CENTS & a Watch Fob

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday was a nice day to get out here, a bit of a chill in the air that lead up to a very nice day, and hunt. :) The day started off just like the weather, chilly with only 3 wheat's to show for my efforts. my first nice target was an awesome Watch Fob from Toronto, WHAT?..I live in Oklahoma

After a bit of research I found out (I believe), it's from the 3rd triennial convention of the Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen in Toronto, May 1922.

A bit later I dug my first Standing Liberty Quarter of the year (no date though), but I'll take it...and then I dug a '55 Washington to finish off my hunt. Here is a couple of pictures of the goods, Thanks for looking, DirtDiga

NOTE: Also pictured is a Sterling Silver Wedding Band I found during the week on a short after work hunt

5485fq.jpg

vgoha9.jpg

Upvote 11
:occasion14:...nice finds !!!!

The watch fob is really great and far from home too. And it has been quite some time since I pulled two silver quarters on one hunt.

I had an outstanding day too...

I was out standing in the rain earlier. :P

PS> Well done.

Wow,what a great help you have given,but to know the truth of the 1916 or not ,the reverse would have to be shown of the coin.

Nice job on the interesting FOB find! :icon_thumleft:

nice finds

Nice I also found a standing liberty quarter Good job

'thrifty76 now', not true.
I can tell the coin is not a 1916 by just the obverse which shows a Denver mint mark. The 1916 had no mint mark.
If the coin has no stars under the reverse eagle then it is a Type 1; with the stars, it's a Type 2.
Don....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back