Our work over the last few months has been fruitful...

picnic42

Feb 6, 2010
Frankfort, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Whites V3
These are the rewards of all our digging and walking fields over the last few months. All of these are from one location/area, except for one piece. the one piece is the middle left.. it was found an another county in a freshly plowed field... seems to be a large flake of flint to be used as a very sharp knife.
All the others were found in what we believe to be a possible village or hunting camp. We found boxes of chert, flakes and chips... scattered all around a few acres. As some of you may have followed some of our last posts... we found an area that was scraped clean of top soil to be used in landscaping other areas of the farm.
We have been digging the side walls of the 2 ft deep scrape and recently have been digging into the large pile of topsoil and we got some artifacts.
I know this is a small little collection... but oh so rewarding and we are quite proud of it!
All points are broken... the most intact is the small arrowhead in the middle, possibly a Mississippian????
The 3 at the bottom are the most intact... the middle is poss. a small hafted knife?
The 2 bottom corners I think are multipurpose scrappers/knives.
The middle right side is a long piece... this was found lastly... around Saturday... it seems to be a drill???? the base it broken.
Again this is a small collection of artifacts... but being so new to this wonderful hobby... it is only a start!
We are quite happy and proud of this!
Ralph & Peggy

Attachments

• DSC08663.JPG
    DSC08663.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0
Peggy & Ralph, thats a sweet little frame, its amazing what you can find when out diggin isn't it..
Congrats on your finds. I would be goin back there...
Thanks for showing us..

Molly.

Good start, and there is never a finish in the wonderful hobby of rock hunting. :icon_thumleft:

Digging is the most rewarding hunt there is. You never no what will roll out of that dirt next. You guys are doing well and have a right to be proud of your finds. It is,,,ohhhh so fun.
Congratulations
TnMtns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back