Our Civil War finds so far

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
We have been snowed in the last couple of days, very much like most of the country and have not been able to get out of the driveway. With not much else to do I gathered our finds from a Civil War Union camp that we have received permission to hunt and put them in some cases. These finds are the results of four Saturday hunts on this location by my wife and I. They are our first Civil War relics and we are very excited by them. This only includes the “good” stuff. We have a bunch of rusty stuff as well including a picket hammer (pic added) and horseshoes, horseshoe nails etc. This place has been pounded for over 20 years that I know of and we have really put in the work to come up with these finds. It is hard to see in the picture but at the bottom of the picture is the only complete button that we have found. It is a general service button and is very fragile so I put it in its own little case and cut it off in the picture. The ones in the frames are one flat button and the others are just the backs of the buttons. As soon as the snow stops we will be back out there. Anyway thanks for looking. We are new to the relic hunting thing so any and all information or comments are welcome.

JimK

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 161
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0
Nice finds Jim. What part of Kentucky are you from? For a newbie to relic hunting looks like you've done really well!

Nice finds Jim. What part of Kentucky are you from? For a newbie to relic hunting looks like you've done really well!

Thanks for the reply. We are very pleased especially since my goal was to find just one bullet (a childhood dream). To answer your question we are in Central Kentucky just south of Lexington. Nicholasville to be exact.

JimK

Fantastic finds, Congratulations!

Thank you for sharing.

Hey CoilyGirl.
I remember your post when you found your CSA buckle. What other CSA stuff have you found? So far most everything we have found is US. I have one small bullet that MAY be confederate but I am not sure. I hope to find more as time goes on. I have always been a coin shooter but I am hooked on the relic hunting for sure now.

JimK

Attachments

• IMAG1355.jpg
    IMAG1355.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 109
Congratulations on all of those amazing finds; and thanks for the short story. Any information on the spoon by chance?

Sluice

Congratulations on all of those amazing finds; and thanks for the short story. Any information on the spoon by chance?

Sluice

Thanks, Not a ton of info other than it is period, and have seen others like it on the net referred to as a "camp spoon". It has a manufacturer on the back but the name slips my mind at the moment. Sorry.

JimK

Attachments

• photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back