Opinions on lidar images

Nathan W

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2023
This is behind the park I work. I haven’t been able to find the old homesite it’s self and don’t know if I’m right on it yet. Do these images need to be scouted out on the ground or they natural?

Attachments

• IMG_6605.jpeg
    IMG_6605.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6604.jpeg
    IMG_6604.jpeg
    224.1 KB · Views: 37
I'd check out the first site. It could be part of a low stone wall enclosure. Sometimes they stand out, other times you just get a hint. Nothing in the second pic caugh my interest.
Hopefully it can be seen from walking to it, thanks. I can tell there’s very old trash pit not to far from there and I was hoping maybe that was the foundation

I was hoping maybe that was the foundation
If it is, it's a pretty big one. Going by the scale in the lower left of the image posted, the feature is about 37 meters long, or about 117 feet. I didn't measure the short dimension but it looks to be roughly half the long dimension, so roughly 120 x 60 feet.

If it is, it's a pretty big one. Going by the scale in the lower left of the image posted, the feature is about 37 meters long, or about 117 feet. I didn't measure the short dimension but it looks to be roughly half the long dimension, so roughly 120 x 60 feet.
I didn’t have enough time today to get to that spot but I wasn’t far. I was getting some iron signals the closer I got but still not that close. There was definitely activity I just want to get to the honey hole from the people at the home lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back