One of those deals you just cant pass up. Tell me more about this dredge

jeffrm20

Feb 21, 2013
CA Motherlode
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of those deals you just can't pass up. Tell me more about this dredge

The pontoons are hoaky, but I was more interested in the sluicebox and possibly the nozzle. Hoses are garbage. Extremely weathered. And some other sluicebox that came with it.

It was a steal :laughing7:

imag0231xj.jpg

imag0232aj.jpg

imag0233d.jpg

imag0234z.jpg

imag0235m.jpg

I'd fix it up and turn around and sell it for more ;)

That frame ain't floatn' nuttn' bud. 5" triple sluice with the SEMI FLARE is a decent box 1990+,just cut off then insipid grizzly bars as they just catch rocks and load up the box. Looks like a keene swivel nozzle,beats none and good to have the s/n also for fines retention of microgold. Footvalve looks flapsealless. Hoses not so hot. But doable. Frame,pump/engine/compressor/footvalve are HUGE costs as all ya got is a few pieces and parts,the cheap ones unfortunately in comparison. Do not use rusty nast tank for air as your lungs will rebel....hope ya pair next to nuttn'-other box almost looks like a antique goldvac?? Box support rail with curled edge?Nee more pics to see on that box better-John

Yeah knew the pontoons and hoses are garbage. They are going to the dump today :)

From what I can see the other old sluice fits onto those cheapo pontoons. That sluice is pretty rough, lots of holes drilled in it, rivets ripped out etc.

I was hoping to get some intel on what I need to float this big guy, and what size pump as well. If I can find a local resource, going to see if I can get some new hose.

I tried to only get the Keene sluice and nozzle, but I had to buy it all or nothing. But for $120 I couldn't pass everything up

Last edited:
That 8' 48" Valco boat in the background almost looks like a perfect fit for that Keene too hehe.

WAIT A MINUTE man-hose may be ugly but like women still useable if at all flexible?? Expensive to replace,cracks,crunches or splits?? Mining ain't no beauty contest as inside mold will be cleaned fast in use and outside a little brush work and dilute bleach cleans up most. Where is gravels introduction on other box??John

"WAIT A MINUTE man-hose may be ugly but like women still useable if at all flexible??"

Best quote of the year:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Hahaha, I think you are right John!

I'll have to take a closer look today when I get home and I'll take some better pics so you can help me decide what's garbage and what's not.

Will probably be a little later this afternoon since I'm going prospecting after work. Got to work a little too early this morning and did find a little color. Glad to have a gold rich creek a rocks throw from my work. Even though I did find some color. I get to spend the morning ay work with muddy shoes, foxtails in the socks and blackberry scratches all over my legs and arms. Worth it!

ForumRunner_20130608_071748.png

Ok, I think I got this thing somewhat figured out.

That old sluice goes to the small pontoons. Fits it perfect. I had to fix the jet flair, not sure why previous owner removed it. Had to straighten it out. Going to pick up some aluminum rivets tomorrow and get it sealed up nice and tight. That box has a 5" hose, so I will most likely sell the sluice, pontoons and the 5" hose minus the Keene swivel nozzle.
Could be a nice little project for somebody

Im more interested in getting this Keene triple sluice setup on some pontoons and maybe a double pump setup? Would be a slow project, but it will keep me busy!

Got all the old carpet out and scrubbed it out really good. (had a few hornets nest up in the flare box)

Going to put new carpet in it, since that section of red carpet was just smooth carpet.

And as a prospector I know not to trust someone elses last cleanup, look what I got at the end of the sluice box into my pan :):):)

imag0364d.jpg

imag0365l.jpg

imag0366p.jpg

imag0367tb.jpg

imag0368zb.jpg

imag0370ci.jpg

This footvalve does have a working checkvalve in it. Worth holding onto?

imag0371vv.jpg

imag0372kl.jpg

imag0374ro.jpg

imag0375q.jpg

I'm amazed as that massive expanded metal under them riffles makes a seal 100% impossible and gold just goes riffle to riffle and out the box as no seals to hold. Keep the triple as that homie box--what a hoot-as gun portal opening would spray all over would go on craigslist. Footvalve needs a flap inside at the junction of the neck,just look inside. Have fun beatn' them berry bushes as they keep 90% of the folks at bay,only the scratched up prosper,luv the fortitude get it on-John

Well, sold the pontoons, sluice, hose and one of the foot valves. Got all new carpet in the triple Keene.

So John, which part did you recommend.I remove to prevent clog ups in the box?

Trying to talk a buddy out of two 9hp Hondas but I doubt it's going to happen.

How about some new pics of it sitting up on my Valco :)

ForumRunner_20130613_191723.png

ForumRunner_20130613_191731.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back