one little, two little, three little Indians + silver!

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent 3 hrs at a house dated 1851 this afternoon. Under a tree root was an 1877 IH, then popped up an 1865 IH in fine condition, very green though. Then I got a 1905 holed IH along with a fine condition 1905 Barber dime and a 1954 Rosie. Plus one 1956 dog tag. Not bad for 3 hrs.
Funny thing is, not a single wheatie! yet anyways, I'll get back there next weekend to see waht else pops up for me.
The owners (family friends) said his parents moved there in 1949 and it had been an abandonded home prior to that. They've found indian head cents before doing yard work and bunhces of old bottles and things too. I'm hoping for lots more good stuff to come!

Chris

Attachments

• Sunday\'s finds.jpg
    Sunday\'s finds.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 333
Upvote 0
Nice digs, You mean 1887 right. I'm still looking for the 77 myself.

Keep up the good work.

HH Jeremy

Oh, you caught that huh? ::) yes, 1887! That's what I meant to say, Thanks!

Chris

That Barber dime is really cool, I've found a couple of those. Good job.

WoW Chris!!!

Really great finds!! :o

Nana ;)

Nice, I like the IHs

People say, there are no good places to hunt. Well I guess that proves that wrong. I bet you pull out a lot more goodies. Then after you think everything is dug out, search some more.

By the way, how deep were some of your finds?

Excellent.

Chris from SW MO

The 1887 IH was under a tree root, that wasn't easy to dig out. It was about 4 inches down. The other two IH's were around the same depth. The Rosie was about 2 inches below the sod and the Barber was practically in the grass roots still, I think only because of being about 3ft from the big tree and the roots kept it from sinking.

If their finding old bottles, theres bound to be a trash dump around the yard somewhere. Check especially well around the corners of the property, thats where they usually are. Nice job on the coins, by the way!! HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back