Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got an afternoon off and a friend and I went back to the 1795 French camp site. The French held a month long siege on the city and they had about 30 thousand plus troops and reserves. There was no fighting in campsite area where we have been hunting .There are dropped musket balls all over and some other goodies that they left. The area has had traffic since the roman times so there is no telling what you will dig. We hunted about four hours and I think it may have been my best short hunt. I dug five French Napoleionic buttons( two being regiment) ,8 coins ,three have dates in the 1700s and I have not got dates off the others yet,about 40 musket balls, a musket flint on top of the ground and something that I have been looking for for the last three years ,a Nazi belt buckle but the emblem is missing. :'( I had a blast ! I also found some other odds and ends. This place is so full of history but time is short . I still plan on doing a little hunting close by before I fly out. ;) I hope all is well and thanks for looking. :)

Attachments

• Jan12_01,#1.jpg
    Jan12_01,#1.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 585
  • Jan12_02,#2.jpg
    Jan12_02,#2.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 569
  • Jan12_04,#3.jpg
    Jan12_04,#3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 589
  • Jan12_03,#4.jpg
    Jan12_03,#4.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 566
  • Jan12_05,#5.jpg
    Jan12_05,#5.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 584
  • Jan12_06,#6.jpg
    Jan12_06,#6.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 583
Upvote 0
Great finds Birdman. That sure sounds like an interesting site to hunt. I wish it was close to me. Congrats!

Wow, what a successful hunt! Those are some exquisite finds birdman!

HH!
TBGO

Most excellent!

HH

Man now thats what Im talking about,nice going on the relics and superb on the buttons.Best tho is you obtaining your goal on the buckle........sweeeeeeeeeet! Now If I can get my wife to get stationed in Germany ;D Daniel

I can see your coil hanging out of the plane right now BMan.....Nice find's....Gonna be tough I know!!!!!How are you going to be getting all the goodie's out of the country?

Civilman, When the movers heads are turned I am going to put everything in with the pots and pans. ;)

Great finds Bman, congrats on a nice and maybe the last hunt! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back