Dr.Tones

Jan 7, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok folks, here it is. A friggin rediculous hunt. I'm still in shock! I can't go into details just yet because there's still more! Dirt Digler and I hunted until midnight and then turned it in. This is one of those hunts that we'll never forget. All of this came out of a spot about 5x10 and FILLED with iron. The 6" finally got a chance to really shine on this one. This is only my take, Dirt might post some of his at a later time. Even got a key date 1885 V. It was like we opened up a time capsule. The newest coin we dug was a 1919 wheat. I look forward to posting this video once we get done hunting. The coin in the concrete is an 1882 Indian that must have been lying on top of the ground when the concrete got poured. It took me forever to find it because I kept kicking the concrete outta the way :) I'm still looking for info on the skeleton key. It's a R.R. Key and it has the inscription P.F. (I assume means pacific freight) and a weird little T with an underline and then what appears to be a Wa (I assume means Washington) any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 238
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 17
Awesome finds! :notworthy: I'm definitely going to keep my eyes peeled for the video. :thumbsup: Get back there and find some more! :laughing7:

very nice finds congrats HH

Awesome, something most of us dream about. :icon_thumright:

What a hunt! Congrats on so many nice silver, injuns & old nickels. Love the Barber quarter & dimes! Can't wait to watch the video on this amazing place! :icon_thumleft:

Impressive for such a small area. Nice finds.

Wow that is unbelievable.. Can't wait to see the video.. Congrats on the awesome success..

Kinda nice digging the rarest V Nickel that you can get, a lot of people don't realize that. I dug one that was so corroded that I ended up using sandpaper to expose what it was. No other way to clean, had tried everything. Cried when I exposed the last digit.
That one looks to be in decent shape, a nice VERY key date nickel.
Kudos!
Carl

Thanks guys! I can't wait to put the vid together but it might be a little while because I want to finish hunting it before I put out the vid! Haha!

What an awesome hunt! Spread those puppies out so we can see them in all their glory!

Great group of coins Dr tones! Congrats! I have to ask, what does the token say? I found one of the same design.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back