One BIG Penny

TOWcritter

This has to the second biggest penny that I've ever seen. When my parents moved from the house into their new "seniors only" apartment , my dad gave me two old wooden boxes. He said that they belonged to his father (I was too little to remember him). This "Lucky Penny" was just one of the neat treasures that I found. I'll post lots more pics. There was a bit of everything in those two boxes. Has anyone seen one of these before?

Attachments

• lucky penny back.JPG
    lucky penny back.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 481
  • lucky penny front.JPG
    lucky penny front.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 491
Upvote 0
I have never seen one ,but cant wait to hear from someone who has.I think its REAL cool!! HH

Cool ;D

HH

Lonewolfe

Now that's one good lookin' Lucky Penny, TOW..........
You'll probably be the luckiest if your pants don't fall down while that's in your pocket!!
Goadster

Those things in the two boxes must have been your Grandpa's special treasures. Hold on to them, you know he has to be smiling some place.
~Kansas~

As far as age goes, the highway was built between 1913 and 1922, so it's going on 95 years. Wow, I know that my grandad was a printer by trade but I have to ask my dad what else he did. Maybe he worked on it.

Very cool!!!
Only thing I've ever seen like it was a big silver nickle they had at an open hunt.
Looks close to the same size as it was...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back