76.3 KB · Views: 123
  • MUNCHEN1000.jpg
    MUNCHEN1000.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 78
  • MUNCHENonSCALE24grams.jpg
    MUNCHENonSCALE24grams.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0
To me the "1000" says 100% silver, which is odd because I currently only see 99.9% silver coins/medals, which is labeled "999". Can anyone confirm this was 100% silver?

Upvote 0
The wife & I both looked hard to see who could come up with anything first :) and we didn't find anything on it. We are thinking that it could be a current 1oz silver commemorative token possibly made by the park or city and probably still sold at souvenir shops there being that there is nothing official on it to make it a 10dm or into any official token or currency. No writing on the edge correct? 72, what a year, lots of history at those Olympics. Germany sure made the news when the Israelis were taken. It was a sad year for the Olympics with the murders but a great year for Mark Spitz and his 7 gold medals for the USA. I remember it all to well as 1972 was the year my dad bought us our first color tv :headbang: and seeing the Olympics in color was totally unforgettable for me even today.
olympiapark münchen souvenir 1000 proof coin Coin im Shop Münzen-Frank OHG coins and medals

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back