Oldest Merc yet 1927 (Pic terrible one added on reply)

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Camera is on loan atm for a week, so can't get a pic right now. Went on some more left hand digs. Looked for an area that is rumored to have had carnivals in a field long long ago. The field has now been cleared. IT is a huge field, but I am finding next to no signals, but an aluminum can or tractor part from time to time. It was corn planted this year and cut down well so I am getting coil to the ground well, but not finding it, oh well, perhaps one of the 2 larger floods covered it in silt or washed a good deal of it away or both.

I then went to my best friend growing up's Grandmother's farm. Found my 2nd Merc from that spot and Silver coin #9 on the year. I am trying to locate a lost ring there, but it could have been lost over a very large area, so no such luck on the ring yet.

Also found : 1956 Wheatie, .52 cents clad.

I guess I cannot complain too much on the silver coin year. I still think 9 from here in the short 5 months I have been detecting is pretty good. Heck I might even end up with #10 before the year is out. Counting the bag of jewelry I found in that house that was being sold I have more than doubled silver coins in jewelry. So that's not bad at all.

Thanks for the read, Good ole lefty is starting to get better and better. Once my right wrist heals, if I could just keep down the interference I think I could swing 2 at a time by then LOL.

Postalrevnant

Upvote 0
Re: Oldest Merc yet 1927

Congrats Doug on the silver dime :D - you may get used to digging lefty, I can see how it would save a little recovery time. I use my left hand mostly in woodchips, or where the targets are shallow and easy to pluck out.

Good luck!

;D

real nice! congrats on a nice early date silver!

I'm still trying to get more silver coins...i have 7, which is good becuase my research is "hmmm....that place looks old..." I'm trying to get better. I have and old Church with school over a century old

HH
-GC

Finding those Silver coins is never a problem for me........The more the better! Plus I would just keep going back if your still pulling them out!

WTG Keep on Digging!

The Seeker

Congrats on the silver. Hope you find more. I use both hands for swinging and digging.....it makes it easier on me because my arms get tired if I just use one all the time . Hope your wrist is better soon,.
I have swung two detectors at once to cover large fields....its a bit tricky but can be done.

It sounds like you might have a good site there. If the area is real large you might want to search randomly until you find a coin and then slow down and expand out from there.
Congrats on the Mercury dime!
Detecting is over for me now until next spring. (Got below zero last night and probably won't warm up at all today). :(

oohah! so it's the ole "I loaned the camera" trick..eh?

Congrats anyway Rev.

Badger

Attachments

• oohah.jpg
    oohah.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 317

Good going . Hope that arm gets better soon.

Congrats on finding your oldest merc. Keep it going.
Bob

Michigan Badger said:
oohah! so it's the ole "I loaned the camera" trick..eh?

Congrats anyway Rev.

Badger

Dang it Badger!!! You weren't supposed to catch me. Now I had to drive in the snow and ice. Then park up and walk up hill both ways in shoulder deep snow to buy a 1927 Merc so I could bring this terrible pic to you!!!

LOL

Postalrevnant

Attachments

• merc27.jpg
    merc27.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 213
WTG Doug, congrats on that cool old Merc!
Hey, you got paid for searching for grannies ring.
I hope you find it for her. You need to use
your powers of perception and instinct to locate it.
Don't neccessarily go by the story you were told
of how and where it was lost. Good luck buddy!

Smiles!
BDoo

Postal....My olsdest is a......That's right.....Iv'e never found one before.Congrat's on your oldest!!!

Postal,

Congrats on your oldest merc...take it easy on your swinging, let your arm heal. ;D

;) RR

Nice going Doug, those silver coins are coming in now. I told you, once you break the ice on silver, they will start popping up all over the place. Next you will be showing us a Seated something or other. Hope so anyway!

HH, Ringfinder

Nice going and remember....a fuzzy pic is better than no pic. ;D Another tip - for a camera that does not have a macro function(most likely yours) -a picture taken farther back will produce a much smaller coin image but will be clearer. A smaller, clearer picture is usually better than a closer, larger, fuzzier picture.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back