Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent the morning at one of Tulsa's oldest parks, Owen Park located west of downtown. Searched all around a small lake but didn't do much good, just a couple of clad pennies. My detector doesn't seem to do too well around water for some reason although I ground balanced it a couple of times, but still got several false readings. I don't think it's so much false readings as it is just extremely difficult to pinpoint the exact location of an item for some reason. Anyway, after a couple of hours I went up to the club house/rec. center and worked a small area near the parking. I got an extremely loud strong reading at 2" and after digging a shallow plug about 8" cross found 4 quarters, 3 dimes, 2 nickels and four pennies all clad, all in the same hole! Reminded me to double check a hole before putting the dirt back in after finding just one coin! This is the most coins I ever recovered in one hole to date! I had to get back home by noon to take the boss to run errands so with about 20 minutes remaining I did a quick run down a small grassy area in front of the building and found a quarter and a couple of dimes. I would have expected this park to be pretty well hunted out being located so near the downtown area, but apparently not. I plan to go back Friday and just coinshoot around the building as I will have some free time in the afternoon. There is an older elementary school across the street that I might check out over the weekend as it has a couple of big fields adjacent to the playground. This should be an opportunity to give my 10" coil a workout.

Upvote 0
That is good finds. Even if it is clad it spends well.LOL Jim what detector do you use. Im curious myself why it would go off balance around the water. Let us know. HH

Should have left the coins buried. I hear the money will grow on trees from it ;). Cool finds. I'm hoping to get out some this weekend.

Hit money hole like that recently . found 9 quarters in about foot square area . was at local school . I guess i found some poor kids lunch money !! ;D hapiness is my garrett giong bing bing bing !!

Given the type of neighborhood this area is becoming, some school kid probably buried his lunch money to keep from geting robbed! Seriously, this area does have a mixed bag of people living within it. There is a very good neighborhood organization that is trying to make a difference and I can see improvements each time I go through the area. It's just a very old neighborhood.

Improvement of a neighborhood is a good thing. In time it might open up detecting oppurtunities. HH

Nice finds.

Personally I like finding clad, actually, I like finding anything :D

I like to hear the signal I think the most. That's the hook in my book,.....saying to myself,..."Ahh HAA! gotcha!" :)

You had fun, I'm sure. That's all that matters. Finding "valuable" stuff is an extra and should never be expected. Kinda like a gift from above :)

Great finds! Keep us posted on what you find at that school you were talking about.

Rod

Used to drive to catoosa to work on boats . Tulsa is only place i ever got lost in....more than once also !nothing to do with mding just brought back good ole days .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back