Old & Unusual Fishing Lure - Any collectors here?

YooperAlan

Jul 17, 2014
Michigan's UP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20140913_171651.png

Last edited:
From what little I know of old lures, some can be worth some serious cash. I'd say your is old and I find some that come close to the one you have, but no cigar. I found this website and they have some old lures. It's referred to as a "Prop Bait" and I was hoping I could find when that conception came about. I see an old Prop Bait lure at this site and they give a date of 1904 on it and I would say your looks more modern then that one. Maybe a request to this website will help? To me your lure looks like what collectors do seek. Joe's Old Lures - Rare Lures From Various Collections

Upvote 0
It was made by the Florida Shiner Bait Company 1935-1942ish - Buyer believes it to be a prototype. I could have probably held out for more $$'s but I'm not one to maximize on a $ 5.00 investment ;)

Upvote 0
It was made by the Florida Shiner Bait Company 1935-1942ish - Buyer believes it to be a prototype. I could have probably held out for more $$'s but I'm not one to maximize on a $ 5.00 investment ;)

Great find, great deal, great attitude!

Upvote 0
It's strange to me that the hooks are still there - All the real old lures I find, the hooks have corroded away.

Upvote 0
Good choice. A wise man once said" pigs get fat and hogs get BUTCHERED"!

Upvote 0
This lure is a prop bait from the 40's and the 50's. I inherited a large collection from my grandpa. It looks to be in nice shape great find!!!!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back