allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally put my newborn daughter down long enough to go hit the old store site a few hours yesterday. Started off decent enough with the ground been soft thanks to the rains weve had lately. My first hit of the day read about 4 inches down, a 1914 barber quarter in good shape. The second hit was 4 inches also, a no date buffalo nickel, shoot. I said its looking like a good day, so far. After findind several clad pennies,dating from 1967 to 1978 i was thinking about leaving when i got a good signal reading about 7 inches. I dug and dug and finally got what was giving the signal, an 1899 indian head penny, in very fine shape. By this time the temp is like 93 degrees and im not a small guy, so im sweating like a hog and its time for me to go home. But dont worry, im going back and have till november to hunt this site. Have a good day all and keep on digging !!! no camera yet.......

Upvote 0
That old store site is definitely giving up some great old coins.
Just goes to show what a little research can do.
Congrats on your new member of the family also.
HH!

Sounds like a great site to me. I know what you mean about not being small (260) & bad back as well. I was out for two hours yesterday on a group of little league fields. Only a bit of clad & 96 degrees by 12:30. Yuck! Keep up the nice posts.
Spotz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back