GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out in the woods today on some old trails and I came across an area that was absolutely riddled with iron and junk. You could see all sorts of crap scattered around.

I had my concentric stock coil on... which was going crazy. I'll have to come back out with a small coil next time and give it another shot. I am sure there are some coins in the area.

Here's the buckle. It looks fairly old, but I'm not sure. Late 1800's?

2012-07-21_15-51-48_708.jpg

Here's the snail brooch. This is a cool little find. I thought I had an old copper at first, because of the consistent TID... but lo and behold, this little guy crawled out. I wonder if he was studded with gems back in the day?

2012-07-21_17-14-48_466.jpg

Happy hunting! :metaldetector::icon_thumright:

Upvote 0
GTG,NICE buckle man!!Looks like you stumbled onto a stay awhile! Best of hunting to you. God Bless Chris

cool snail. I would bet that at one time it had phony gems glued in it. even without the gems it's a cool find. I like it. :icon_thumleft:

i dont know why but i love snail stuff super cool find:icon_thumright:

Hey Gio...I found the exact same buckle and clasp last week. The clasp on mine broke off when I was digging it and I lost it in the way home...Considering that it is pressed brass I would guess late 1800s - 1920s.

11July2012.png

Nice finds.

Romeo! What a small world it is. :) That looks like the exact same buckle. It had an earlier look to it as I dug it, but then I turned it around and saw how it was built. :icon_scratch: The date makes sense.

Supposedly, there was an old tavern in the area, back in the day. That's what one of the locals told me.

I wonder if he was studded with gems back in the day

I too found a broach and it still had small diamonds in it /foe???? I dont know but still you had great finds..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back