Old silver ring. And a bunch of relics.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey guys finally got some time to get out and detect today. I hunted with my brother for about 2 hrs. Last Saturday I got about 1 and a half hrs in. About 3 and a half hrs of Field time in the last week or so.

Haven't been finding alot of old coins lately. We are testing alot of new spots to try and locate a hot spot. When looking for old stuff strictly it takes alot more to find it. Got the nice little Sterling ring today and one wheat. The rest is all relics. Picked up a couple bottles along the way. The one is a salt or pepper shaker I dug. It still has the lid on it. It is a weird type of glass. Smooth and really cloudy. It has a pated date of 1925 on the bottom.

Hope to get out more soon and get some better quality of finds. Hope you all like these meager finds.

HH Jeremy

Attachments

• Old silver ring.jpg
    Old silver ring.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 412
  • A ton of relics.jpg
    A ton of relics.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 422
  • A ton of relics 1.jpg
    A ton of relics 1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 415
  • A ton of relics 2.jpg
    A ton of relics 2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 412
Upvote 0
I didn't know you could make Root Beer at home... ??? ?I just keep learning something new here everyday! ?;D ?Those are some really great finds! ?;)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Nana ?;)

Nana40 said:
I didn't know you could make Root Beer at home... ??? ?I just keep learning something new here everyday! ?;D ?Those are some really great finds! ?;)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Nana ?;)

Old timers used to call root beer sarsaparilla. It can be made from the sassafras tree root (rootbeer). I grew up outside a small town in Mississippi and we would make it every now and then. Directions find tree, get root and clean, boil in water, sweeten to taste. Only drawback is it stinks like crazy while boiling. My grandma hated it because she said it reminded her of black drought, which people used as a cure all like castor oil.

Post these pics over on "What Is It" and you'll drive 'em nuts! JIM

Nice finds!

Love the old relics,

HH

Lonewolfe

As always jer, great stuff and great pics.Nice going !!

Great Huntin there Jerdfx. I like the old silver thing with the B on it. What is that? HH

Hi all, thanks for all the replies. I was busy today. I went to the pirate game and had a game myself. We won 17-4.

I'll try to answer all the questions the best I can. I start with the glass satin shaker. It's about 6 inches tall sand about 4 inches wide. It says on the bottom pated 7/19 1925. Has a number4 on the bottom. It has some weird symbol in the middle. The top has holes in it like a salt shaker.

The little B thing I'm not sure what it is. Looks like little hooks were on it and it was pressed onto clothing to hold. But not sure. The root beer bottle has the name hires on it. It says manufactured by the Charles hires co. Philadelphia p.a. We tend to pick them up when were out in the Field. I have boxes of bottles but don't know alot about them.

Thanks again. Hope to get back out here soon and do some more detecting.

HH Jeremy

Nice diggin Jer,You always come up with some cool relics,Thanks for the share,HH

Very Nice!, Jer...
You sure dig some older stuff, I'm going to have to find me some old spot like that someday. All I hunt mostly are parks.
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Thanks guys, I figure if I am not turning up old coins at the moment I can still do some relic hunting. It's been slow here for me in the old coin department lately. I have to come up with some more good spots. I'm looking just haven't found it yet. I have found so many old coins that I didn't leave any for a rainy day. There still out there. My time has been limited lately so I haven't had the chance to do alot of foot work lately.

It takes work nowadays to find good productive old spots. I only hunt for old stuff strictly. So at times it can get a little slow while looking for it. It's just a matter of time and luck.

Keep hunting everyone. I'm not a permission asking type or I would have alot more stuff. I like to seak out places were I need no permission. To much time involved tracking down land owners.

Thanks again Jeremy

You did very good! Meager....yea right.

Attachments

• Greatjob.jpg
    Greatjob.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 223
  • Greatjob.jpg
    Greatjob.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 176
Thanks guys, what I mean by meager is I like coins alot. Relics can be found just about anywhere. Nothing I found was really exciting. No showcase relics. I put alot on myself to do good. I press myself and that is when I am more successful. It's hard finding the old goodies. It can be done with consistency though.

Treasure does alot of crazy things to ya. Once you get a taste you can't get enough. There so much in the ground all over the place that there will always be something to find. You just have to know where to look.

HH Jeremy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back