Old Ring

KristenS

Greenie
Aug 17, 2013
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
Just wondering if someone might be able to help me identify this rings origin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

Are there any markings inside Kristen? Looks like a representation of a Phoenix on the side + turquoise + silver= black hills ? Perhaps ? Certainly looks southwestern!

Upvote 0
And that looks like a really Nice piece of turquoise !

Upvote 0
Is it peeling? The pic looks funny! If so it's styled southwest, but may not be genuine because silver work was there thing!

Upvote 0
I agree; it looks very Southwestern.

Neat find :)
Breezie

Upvote 0
The bird is not a Thunderbird, it looks more like what is called a Peyote Bird, aka the Water Bird. However, the historical origin of the Peyote bird is not from any of the southwestern tribes, but originated with the tribes of the mid-western plains. I am not a jewelry expert, with the exception my wife and I got to Santa Fe every year for our anniversary and I buy her something every year! And let me tell you, I've seen this image a lot in modern southwestern design. Not sure how far back that tradition goes. Any markings on the inside?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Everyone, thanks so much for your input. The ring is not peeling, it's a bit old and seems to have some sediment on it. As for the stone. It appears to be in great shape. There is a bit of what appears to be inscription on the inner side of the band, but it is faded. I will try to take a better pic of it and will repost.. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts..

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back