Old Park never fails to amaze me

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone, Was really busy this weekend and didn't get to hunt as much as I would have liked to. I had 2 options Sunday night either cut the grass or go detecting. So you know witch one I chose. I only got out for a hr and a half to my favorite old park. As long and as hard as I hit this park it just never seems to be cleaned out.

It started out good when I saw that they had cut some new path's out in the woods. My son 5 minutes into the hunt picked up the marble on the surface. I knew it was a good sign. We continued to hunt and I found a Indian. I rescanned the hole and got another hit. Dug over a few inches and out popped another Indian. Felt good at that point because I love finding Indians. I rescanned the hole and got another signal. It was the top end of a change purse that deteriorated in the ground. I continued my hunt and found a big musket ball. A old hair pin and a nice old flat button with a design on it.

Overall it was a very good hunt for this park. I have hit most of the park so hard all you here is threshold for a half and hr at a time. But I just never seem to clear this place out. I will be going back this week and try and clear out this section I feal I haven't hit really hard.

Sorry for the coins in cases. I know it's hard to see them. I just got to cleaning them up and wanted them to be protected before the kids get to them.

HH Jeremy

Attachments

• Old park never seems to amaze me. 001.jpg
    Old park never seems to amaze me. 001.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 381
  • Old park never seems to amaze me 2.jpg
    Old park never seems to amaze me 2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0
Hmmmm........sounds like those found items could have a story to tell! :o

Really great finds!!! Thanks for sharing!!

;)

Nice relics.
I'd rather detect than cut the grass too.

Great finds jer!! You never fail to amaze me with your finds either.WTG!! HH

Good stuff,

hh

lonewolfe

Nice finds !!
Actually always kinda wondered why people detect parks, with all the modern stuff there, maybe a piece of jewelry or something.....I Wonder no more.....Nice Dig Jeremy

Dave

Hi all, Thanks for all the replies. I didn't mention that the park is from the late 1800's. And it is 300 acres. I know this park really well and that is why I have been able to find stuff here. Alot of people have hunted this park. Just about everyone I know has. Either there machines sucked they didn't know how to use them or just plain figured there was nothing there. I have found hundreds of old coins in this park over the last 2 yrs. I have to be somewhat secretive on here so others can't trace where I hunt. I'm not real worried about it now because I have the place hit so hard they wouldn't know where to start to find something. If I would have been the first person to hunt this park I would have found alot. I still got alot out of it. Old parks are some of the best places if not the best for gold and coins. Especially a huge park gives you a better chance to find something left behind.

There is still treasure in the parks believe it or not. You have to hunt them differently and hit every acre to make finds. Every old park here in p.a I have been in has turned up something old. Guys say there hunted out but there not. Having a top notch unit and knowing it better than the last guys helps also. You have to have everything firing at once to be a successful treasure hunter. It just takes time. The more your in the field the better your gonna get.

Good Luck Jeremy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back