Old Park in the woods of Hampden, Maine gives up some goodies!!!

Fr3nchy27

Mar 21, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
WOW!!! What a day! I got to get out and swing for about 5 hours Saturday afternoon and boy I wasn't disapponted!!

My wife and I had made plans Easter weekend to drive up and stay at my parents house to have dinner on Sunday. My dad (Henry) and I decided to call the guys, (my brother Eric and my uncle Ed), and get out for an afternoon hunt on Saturday. We all decided to go to a site that my dad, grandfather and uncle had been to years ago and found some good stuff. Oddly enough, they had not been back and this was the first time I was able to hunt this particular site. I was excited! This site is all grown up now, but used to be a park/fairground/picnic area back in the late 1800's until the early 1900's. We all hunted for 5 hours. We didn't find a ton of coins, but what we did find was old. I found 11 coins. They are as follows:
-2 V nickels(1902, 1909)
-6 Indian head pennies(1883,1889,1892,1901 and 2 1907's)
-1 Wheat penny(1911)
-2 BARBER DIMES!!!!(1908-D and 1911. Both EF/AU!!)
My dad found:
-1 Indian head penny(1908)
-1 BARBER DIME!!!(1912-D)
My brother found:
-3 Indian head pennies(do not know the dates yet)
-2 V nickels(1897 and1907)
-1 Canadian dime(1900)
-1 BARBER DIME!!!(1901)
My Uncle found:
-3 Indian head pennies(do not know the dates yet)

Needless to say we dug alot of junk too, but what an awesome day. We are going back next weekend. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
The following pictures are of what I found. Hopefully I can get pictures of the other guy's stuff. If I do, I will post the them.

Attachments

• 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,314
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,300
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,299
Upvote 0
Sounds like you guys had an awesome day of hunting!!!!!!!!!! Great bunch of finds!!!!!!!!!! Now get back out there!!!!!!!!!

HH Joe

Sounds like an awesome day man!, im kicking myself in the butt for not going!!!, Hopefully next weekend ill be right along side you guys digging the ever so awesome Silver!!. Great hunt!

-Dan

congrats on some awesome finds! im hoping to dig a barber dime this season, best of luck and HH :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great finds, One of best memories was hunting with my Dad when he found his first ring...Avon but his first. Good family hobby. Happy Easter and HH. :thumbsup:

I bet that was a great day spent with family...priceless!

Amazing finds and I'm sure you had a great time together. My sister lives in Falmouth Foreside near Portland and I will be out there sometime this summer so I'm sure I'll do some hunting. I haven't had the opportunity to do any hunting on the east coast so I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for posting.

Hey little bro', that was a great time and I can't wait till next weekend!!!I didn't post 'cause my coins are still soaking.See ya next weekend,we'll go get some more!!! HH, Bootstrap :icon_pirat:

Hey Fr3nchy,

You know, I thought I was experiencing Deja Vu when I first started reading your post. I'd received a email this morning from my buddy, Bootstrap, and he told me about an outing that sounded a lot like yours.

I'm a little slow on the uptake, I guess. Heck, all you Mayn-ahs look alike anyway. ;D

Seriously, though, excellent post, excellent coins, and congrats on a fantastic hunt. Your brother has helped me quite a bit over the last couple of years, so I already know you're good people.

MP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back