blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at a 1900's site and I have no Idea what it is. It looks like a cowboy holding cards and a lady on the right looking at a picture.

2014-08-16 09.48.33.jpg

2014-08-16 09.48.51.jpg

2014-08-16 09.49.08.jpg

Sweet find there might ink it and hit some paper to see what it gives !

Upvote 0
Did a quick negative in GIMP and the 'cowboy' looks like a woman also. Maybe shopping.

Upvote 0
I'd agree, as she appears to have a chatelain-style purse hanging from her belt. I'd guess they were shopping in a curio shoppe (junk store), based on the randomness of some of the items: trombone, door stop?, and the nick-nack shelf at shoulder level.

Upvote 0
I think you nailed it. That's probably what it is

Upvote 0
It is a printing block...no doubt about it. Either used by a newspaper or a printing company. I'd say that there is a 99% chance that it was a stock design, offered for sale, and the newspaper or printer could offer an ad or flyer that read:

Looking for the latest in women's western wear?

Jackson's On Main
Phone Lincoln-5

BTW, printers in my area were still using blocks and setting type when I got into the printing business in the early 1990's. It was rare to see them, but I know several old timers who were still using them.

Upvote 0
Is there anyway to date this because that would be cool. I found this at a 1900's house that was torn down in 1920's

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back