Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old McDonald's tractor part?

Found in a field outside of Shippensburg, PA. Looks to me like a tractor part almost like part of a brake system. Any idea if I should stop chewing on lead painted windowsills or am I right? Also I wonder how old. Comon Team Please dont go with I need to stop chewing on window sills! PS. Bulb in my good lamp blew. Sorry for the bad light but there is a ruler there showing its length. It also sticks to a magnet quite nicely!:tongue3:

CAM_0612.JPGCAM_0613.JPGCAM_0614.JPGCAM_0615.JPGCAM_0616.JPGCAM_0617.JPG

I think you hewed on the lead painted window sills a lot. Probably broke a bunch of thermometers to play with the silver liquid inside too didn't you?

I have no idea what it is.

Upvote 0
Although I couldn't find a picture of it, I think it's the goose neck end of a system for blowing or augering grain or stock feed -- chicken feed, hog feed, something that you want to move up a pipe to load it into a taller tank that will the gravity the grain or feed out the bottom. It's not very big, so was probably used on a small farm or ranch. The only pictures I could find were big time operations.

Upvote 0
The 2nd picture has some raised letters I think but I can't make them out or maybe part #'s

Upvote 0
My guess, based on the inside curvature and the L shaped lip on the one end (ideal for inserting into a slot), is that it's a small inspection, lubrication or safety cover over a gear, chain sprocket, or pulley. As to what equipment it was from...... dunno.

Upvote 0
Looks like a 'quick lift' cover for something. Or as Bos'nmate says (if I interpret correctly) a flapper type valve.

Mike

Upvote 0
I am not buying it. You all chewed windows with lead pain.

Upvote 0
Gerry b4 I knew it wasn't good for me I chewed on em all day long.now I do it just for kicks.LOL

Upvote 0
It does look like some sort of deflector to guide water or grain.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back