Old Log Home 3rd Times A Charm.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
What's up everyone. I got a pretty cool story to tell you guys. I knew of a site not far away from me where this house stood. Part of the home was exposed where the sidding had fallen down. I noticed solid log and mud underneath it. This house has been abanded for some time now. I have known of the location for at least 2 yrs. I have hunted it twice and came up empty handed.

I noticed a few months back that they finally decided to tear this house down. Across the street from the place was a huge old barn and this giant Orange colored tower standing next to it. Not sure what it is. It's about 50ft high but it is now gone also. I suspected it to have been hunted due to no targets. They cleared out about 10 acres on one side and about 10 on the other. This place is surrounded by woods. They cut all these tree's down around the house and opened up new land that wasn't accessible due to the overgrowth all these years.

I date this house in the early 1800's. I don't know what they are building here now but I was glad to get these few pieces of history before they are gone forever. Like I said before I think the site was hunted. I did get one 1907 Indian. One Wheatie a clad nickle and clad penny. I got 2 flat colonial buttons next to the musket ball in the first pic. Lance got one himself also. I know there was more there. It wasn't until they opened up this new land is where we made the finds.

I didn't have permission to be at this site but I figured it's sunday no one's working. Wrong these guys where. They left us alone though. We where to far away and just to get to us was to much work.

Hope you all like some of these early relics. I keep coming up a little short when I find these sites. I expect a king George or large cent or something early but it seems people are beating me to the punch at these old historic sites that are hard to find. I'll come across that untouched one here eventually. Until then I won't hessitate to go back over what they already have done to get the little bits they leave behind.

Persistence pays 3 times to this site before it gave up some thing other than a pull tab.

Good Luck Jeremy

Attachments

• Historic log home 1.jpg
    Historic log home 1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 532
  • Historic log home.jpg
    Historic log home.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 523
Upvote 0
Nice huntin,Hope you find that un-hunted site soon Jeremy.Tags look like cow tag numbers.Sounds like an old farm with the tower being a silo.HH

Cool finds!

Hit it again!

HH

Lonewolfe

Thanks guys, yeah it was a old farm. I find those tags with numbers on them at very old sites for some reason. I hit it twice yesterday for about 2 and a half hrs. There isn't alot of garbage at this site at all. There are still a ton of cut up logs every where so I couldn't hit all the land. I am waiting for them to clear it out somemore and then I'll go over it again.

I think the site was hunted due to it's right in the open. They didn't get it all but for as big as this place is I expected to find more old coins. I also eyed up another old site yesterday while out driving. Looked like a old mansion sat back off the road. All that is left is a few giant tree's and a very large stone wall at the entrance of the place. Gonna try and hit it next week. It's not posted and the grass is high but it's worth a shot. I also found a park that may be worth a hit to. I'll get out this weekend and let you guys know how I do.

HH Jeremy

That old home site sounds nice Jer,Sounds just like one I have hunted over the last year.Found some silver,wheats IH,and some great relics.Look along the wall good.I hit it and hit it again after a good rain and found more.Folks must have liked to set on that wall.I live to hunt the old home sites, you get such a mix of finds.Best of luck and HH

Nice finds and great story Jerdfx. Keep on that site untill the bulldozers and Vibratory rollers come in.

Nice finds keep going back as long as you can, must be more!!

Keep it up and HH!!

Attachments

• Greatjob.jpg
    Greatjob.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 350
  • Greatjob.jpg
    Greatjob.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 286
Thanks for posting the pictures of those neat relics, Jer. Sounds like you and your brother are having a good time.

Thanks all, yeah I have been having alot of fun since the day I picked one of these things up. This hobbies been good to me. It takes hard work though and I earn every coin and relic. There's stuff to be found just about anywhere. It's permission nowadays that keeps me from hunting alot of places. There's probably some more at this site. They need to clear it out some. They have piles of huge logs stacked every where. I'll keep an eye on there progress and go hit it again here soon.

I got what looks like a good place lined up for this weekend. This is not my time of year to be hunting. The heat and bugs are out in full force.

Thanks again Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back