193.6 KB · Views: 108
  • ForumRunner_20140825_184457.png
    ForumRunner_20140825_184457.png
    183.2 KB · Views: 103
  • ForumRunner_20140825_184522.png
    ForumRunner_20140825_184522.png
    151.2 KB · Views: 126
Made by Kraemer I believe.

Edit: possibly not, but they have one like this. I now see other (mostly German) brand names with a near duplicate model.
It looks to me that they use the Hahway patents for semi-automatic lighting, which were 1910-1914 patents.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Made by Kraemer I believe.

Edit: possibly not, but they have one like this. I now see other (mostly German) brand names with a near duplicate model.
It looks to me that they use the Hahway patents for semi-automatic lighting, which were 1910-1914 patents.

Thanks nhbenz. .
Just was curious

Upvote 0
Definitely German.

The acronym D.R.G.M. with or without punctuation stands for Deutsches Reichsgebrauchsmuster, meaning that the design or function of an item was officially registered inside all of the Germany states and not only locally registered as it was the case before the introduction of centralized registration.

D.R.G.M. registration was introduced 1891 and if you are dating items you should hold in mind that even during Allied occupation up until 1949, registration procedures remained untouched and still used the D.R.G.M. registration documents, which of course explains why D.R.G.M. marks can be found on products actually manufactured up until 1952 as the registration itself was valid for three years. As from the end of October 1952, all registrations were definately marked with 'Deutsches Bundesgebrauchsmuster' (D.B.G.M.) or simply with 'Gebrauchsmuster' or 'Gebrauchsmusterschutz', see below.

It appears to be a "Imperator" style lighter, and all the examples I found were listed between 1910 - 1915, which coincides with nhbenz's patent information.

Here's a search page from just one collector that had several Imperator lighters, made in Germany, Austria, and the U.S. (Kraemer) Looks like it was a popular design made and imported by several companies.

Search - www.my-lighter.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Definitely German.

It appears to be a "Imperator" style lighter, and all the examples I found were listed between 1910 - 1915, which coincides with nhbenz's patent information.

Here's a search page from just one collector that had several Imperator lighters, made in Germany, Austria, and the U.S. (Kraemer) Looks like it was a popular design made and imported by several companies.

Search - www.my-lighter.com

Wow !! Thanks for the research. .
Great info..
Thanks again
George

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back