✅ SOLVED Old lead pendant with a guys face and under it says "DEWEY"? Found at old gold mine.

Barry-Goodknight

Sep 4, 2012
Black Hawk
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old lead pendant with a guys face and under it says "DEWEY"? Found at old gold mine.

Photo Album - Imgur

On the back it has a place where a clasp of some sort would have been, now just two pointy pieces of lead left, no clasp.

It's hard to make out because of the yellowish clay stain all over. I tried to clean it but it won't clean up any better than what you see using soap and water.

Not certain it's lead, but it's silver in color, very heavy for it's size, and soft. So I'm guessing lead, unless silver can be soft like lead? It was hitting at like 30VDI on Whites MXT, I think.

I believe it was a pin as Thomas Dewey ran against President Truman in fact the newspapers made an error and said he had won it's pretty famous you can look it up on Google.

Upvote 0
Dewey blvd in manila was named after him. Now it's called Roxas blvd.

The battle of manila bay was actually a fake battle. Dewey told the spanish to leave their ships anchored in the bay and to go ashore in cavite. Dewey then ordered his ships to fire upon the vacant spanish ships and sink them. The spanish sailors were on shore drunk and cheering the americans on as the battle raged all day.

Not a single loss of life, and the philippines were now an american possesion.

A true story of the spanish american war you won't read about in formal history books.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
cool I'm glad someone found the correct Dewey and a pic of the OP's pin.

Upvote 0
It was dewy in the morning on the 5th of May,
it was Dewy on the flag ship in Manila Bay,
etc. etc. and also my 1900th post. Wow, time flys.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back