Old Large 1914 Mexican Note Value?

Well this bill is in pretty good shape but probably like the rest aren't anything collectable I expect. I was just curious one way or the other.

Forgot the pics.... :laughing7:

Attachments

• DSCN0492.JPG
    DSCN0492.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN0493.JPG
    DSCN0493.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN0494.JPG
    DSCN0494.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 55
Upvote 0
So this is another military issued note like the France one I posted earlier...? Interesting guys. Well I wish I knew how rare (if it is). I have two German notes I'll post soon also during the same era (early WW1). Yea Ken $59 may be to high but then the next posting is "rare".... :dontknow:

Upvote 0
The one thing I can tell you about paper money collectability and value is that any folds and or creases greatly decreases the value, wear at any folds and or creases the value drops dramatically more so, so if there is any great value to a bill like your's in perfect condition the worth of the one you have has lost 75% or very likely more of it's value of what it would be worth if it was in perfect condition.

If you watch the Ebay bills posted to see what they sell for you can then do the math for an estimated of the value of yours.

Upvote 0
The one thing I can tell you about paper money collectability and value is that any folds and or creases greatly decreases the value, wear at any folds and or creases the value drops dramatically more so, so if there is any great value to a bill like your's in perfect condition the worth of the one you have has lost 75% or very likely more of it's value of what it would be worth if it was in perfect condition.

If you watch the Ebay bills posted to see what they sell for you can then do the math for an estimated of the value of yours.

Thank you.... I'll probably just make a custom frame for all of them and that will be the end of it.

Upvote 0
So this is another military issued note like the France one I posted earlier...? Interesting guys. Well I wish I knew how rare (if it is). I have two German notes I'll post soon also during the same era (early WW1). Yea Ken $59 may be to high but then the next posting is "rare".... :dontknow:

Common note, but this was issued under military decree not by the state as it is listed. Your French note would be called Notgeld (a word usually referring to German and Austrian issues, but used more broadly to describe local emergency issues worldwide), and was actually issued by the local Chamber of Commerce to facilitate making change as coinage was being hoarded. The Mexican note is very common and pretty much worthless as a collectible. As far as the $59 being to high for 5 notes, I tend to agree, even though his are UNC. On the other hand, he's already sold one lot at that price.

Upvote 0
Limitool,
The listing I referenced in post #4 is a good example of where using the word "Rare" is no more than a marketing ploy to create perceived value.With an asking price of only $1.00--and no bidders--that should get your attention as to how the word 'rare' may not influence value, NWS the seller's intent to the contrary. And if you asked the seller for his definition of RARE as to this bill, you might be surprised at his answer--if he even has one.
Don..........

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back