Old jewelry ?

keossvin

Mar 2, 2016
Oss
Detector(s) used
garret ace 250, garret ace 300I
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Tnet, found these pieces on a field here in The Netherlands.

The first piece I think is a part of jewelry or brooch. Got a bick black stone in it, if I hold it under a light source it a weird oil like rainbow colour comes up. Any idea how old ?

The second piece looks like a big lead button.. Got nothing more to add..

The third piece looks like half a button maybe lead maybe pewter ? It had 556 or somehting like that on the back.

The last piece Is a scarf clip I think, i'm not sure but it looks like it had decoration at one time. Any body an idea how old ?

I really hope u guys can help me out !!

Oh and sorry for the broken grammar and spelling english is not my mother tongue..
3e1b47762c2fcd0b1f7103f67ac6f37e.jpg
4735ce8824a13dd474bf300fb932962b.jpg
2cbb9be2eb99a3ef78ad7ccad30e7804.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Found out that the 'lead button' a dress weight is.. Anybody info on the others?

Upvote 0
Nobody??

Upvote 0
Interesting finds. I agree first piece looks to be a brooch or maybe part of a ring. I also found a piece of jewelry with some age to it recently with a black stone that is stumping me. For mine it is a toss up between a black opal, onyx, or a garnet. I also thought glass cabochon but mine is not faceted. Yours appears to have some facets so I'm thinking maybe old glass cabochon.
HH

Upvote 0
Interesting finds. I agree first piece looks to be a brooch or maybe part of a ring. I also found a piece of jewelry with some age to it recently with a black stone that is stumping me. For mine it is a toss up between a black opal, onyx, or a garnet. I also thought glass cabochon but mine is not faceted. Yours appears to have some facets so I'm thinking maybe old glass cabochon.
HH

Thanks for your reply any idea how old ??
I'm not very good at english so soryy for asking.. But wat do you mean with facets ??

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply any idea how old ??
I'm not very good at english so soryy for asking.. But wat do you mean with facets ??

Keossvin,

Facets in this case are the many flat areas on the face of a cut gemstone.

I think the Dutch word would be "Facetten".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back