photo23.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 119
  • photo24.JPG
    photo24.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 121
  • photo25.JPG
    photo25.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 117
Your first item is a lead seal. I see white patina, but it also looks like part of it was cleaned. Is that the way you found it or did you clean off the white patina? WELCOME to the forum. Neat find :) Breezie

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The first object appears to be a lead cloth-seal or bag-seal, oe perhaps a railroad freight-car door seal. That type of seal has been in use since the early-1800s (at least), and is still in use today. The style of lettering/numbering on yours suggests it is from sometime in te 20th-Century.

The second object appears to be a broken-off piece of brass inlay/onlay, which was screwed onto a piece of wood. (It is broken at the screw-hole). It resembles part of a trigger-guard from a gunstock, but it may be completely unrelated to firearms. Its back-side looks like it was cast in a sand-mold, which makes it much less likely to be a modern-era object.

Edit: My esteemed colleague Breezie and I were typing at the same time. She finished first because I was still typing about the second object. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sec object could be part of a latch of the lever type or as Cannonball says possible remains of trigger guard

Upvote 0
The first object appears to be a lead cloth-seal or bag-seal, oe perhaps a railroad freight-car door seal. That type of seal has been in use since the early-1800s (at least), and is still in use today. The style of lettering/numbering on yours suggests it is from sometime in te 20th-Century.

The second object appears to be a broken-off piece of brass inlay/onlay, which was screwed onto a piece of wood. (It is broken at the screw-hole). It resembles part of a trigger-guard from a gunstock, but it may be completely unrelated to firearms. Its back-side looks like it was cast in a sand-mold, which makes it much less likely to be a modern-era object.

Edit: My esteemed colleague Breezie and I were typing at the same time. She finished first because I was still typing about the second object. :)

It's because I type with 2 hands while you're 'hunting & pecking.' I'm sending Marvis Beacon up your way. :laughing7: Breezie

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back