✅ SOLVED Old Iron Rifle Sight

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
I found this rifle sight in the bottom of a box of junk I bought at a rummage sale. Is there any way to tell what it is off of? The sight is just under 3" long, the front is dovetailed.View attachment 657616 site1.jpgsite3.jpgView attachment 657616

Attachments

• site2.jpg
    site2.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 152
In truth it was a popular aftermarket replacement sight. My first gun, a 1939-40 Remington single shot had a terrible sight so dad bought this one and attached it. Now I wish I had the original, but this sight was really popular and came stock on some rifles too.

Upvote 0
In truth it was a popular aftermarket replacement sight. My first gun, a 1939-40 Remington single shot had a terrible sight so dad bought this one and attached it. Now I wish I had the original, but this sight was really popular and came stock on some rifles too.

True, I'm afraid putting a name to it will be next to impossible, it's called a "buck horn sight" and they've been in use for quite a long time. I suspect it's a stock sight off of something, that was replaced, or removed for a scope, but that's just from looking at the condition of the fine tuning screw.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back