Old House Finds

resurector

Mar 11, 2005
Hills near Eureka,Ca
Sunday, got out to the old site of a cabin/house and was surprised to see the small orchard and part of the backyard scraped by the contractor and the start of a new foundation framing. As I walked to the clearing and prepared to ground-balance, I saw a old marble on the surface(a good sign for me ) and in the next 4hrs found some cool finds.
Two wheats('17&'28) A '28 Buffalo,a melted Merc & V nickel, a Smirnoff Vodka pendant, a really cool token with a fancy 5 on one side ,a bell on the other.A cast iron car, trench lighter, sliegh bell, watch parts,and I dug a old zipper with balls & chain pull, always rechecking the hole, I got a faint repeatable whisper.About 3 more inchs down pops out a 14k St.Christopher!! But the best was yet to come. After a 1/2 hour of nothing but a smashed button and a sterling knife handle(engraved "U.S.S.B." anyone know what it stands for??) I was scanning the deep tractor tracts and got strong signal and out came a small rectangle of brass, using my spit & Levi cleaning method,it was a dog tax from Eureka Cal. dated 1900!! I have'nt had time to research it yet, but I did find out there were only 691 people in Eureka in the year 1900!! -Heck the first white man to find Humboldt Bay was just 48 yrs before (1852)!! That topped off a great hunt and theres still 3/4's of the lot thats yet to be cleared. Yeah, you bet I'll be back ---

Attachments

• all finds.jpg
    all finds.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 436
  • finds coin.jpg
    finds coin.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 424
  • finds dt.jpg
    finds dt.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 425
Upvote 0
My goodness! Those are some great finds!........... I know you are proud! ;)............ Keep us posted on the next trip too!

Nana ;)

Spectacular finds! Keep it up. Looking forward to some more pics. Good luck on your next hunt. :)

WoW!

Nice digs!

HH

Lonewolfe

Wow, what a great day of hunting. I hope i can find a place like that someday. :o

HH

Excellent looking relics, nice hunt and nice site! Good luck with the rest of the area and HH, Mike

Awesome, bet you can't wait to get back there.
Broncox 8)

Those are some interesting diggings!! I love the dog tax tag, too. I love sites like that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back