Old Hotel Site Search gets Sexy

ticotiger14

Jul 29, 2004
Searched an old 19th century early 20th century Hotel Site this morning and my 2 best finds were this small Iron stirrup and a 3 Merry Widows Condom Tin. Kind of appropiate for a Hotel site now that i think about it. I searched the Internet and 3 merry Widows appears to be a very early Condom Brand, costing 50 Cents and they were reusable YUK. The 3 Widows even put there names on the Tin. They are AGNUS, MABEL & BECKIE. If anybody nows the exact Vintage of the 3 Merry Widows Condoms, Post it for me. I haven't opened the tin but when I do it may save me a trip to the drug store. :-*
Just kIdding
HH, Tico

Attachments

• mw2.jpg
    mw2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 610
Upvote 0
Wow what an interesting find! I wonder what they used before latex... ??? I would be scared to open it though...

"If anybody nows the exact Vintage of the 3 Merry Widows Condoms, Post it for me. I haven't opened the tin but when I do it may save me a trip to the drug store. "

Sure, if you're into vulcanised rubber on your pieces ::lol::

WWI through the mid 30's is when those dear merry widows sold their aluminum tins - my grandpa's still got some from the war.

I found one of those about a month ago, and someone just the other day found one too... I am pretty sure the one I found was a bit later...said 1.50 for 3....

Cool finds,If you open it and its been used and put back i think i would make that trip to the drug store anyhow. ;D

i have seen this item before on other md sites - the other one this guy had was yellow tinted tin but the same - reusable - man they just dont make them like they used to ;)

Cool find!!
I wonder why the widows were merry? Did they do the quality control testing?
WTG!! HH

Cool finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

Klaatu said:
Hmmm. Which is the better price?

50? or 3 for $1.50?? ????

::)

All 3 Merry Widows at once??? What may appear as a bargain may result in your hospitalization.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back