Old homesite is now a park area

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Went to an old area that is big enough to have had at least a couple of houses, and has a crushed shell driveway.The driveway is right off the street and goes up a hill, to where the house stood.Since this was a crushed shell driveway it looks like the house might have been built between the 1920's and 1940's......good for older coins. ;)
There is a concrete slab where the house was and another slab where the garage once was.
This area is now a undeveloped park area and has some foot trails going through it.
I didn't explore the whole area, just along the driveway and the concrete slab areas.

I detected along the driveway, but above the edge of it, where some good sized trees were and got a 1937 quarter, a 1949D dime, a 1951D dime and a 1964 dime that still has some "new" on it. ;D

I was trying out my new White's Blue Max 4X6DD coil, for my 2nd detecter,a White's IDX.
All the coins were between 2 and 5 inches deep. :)

Since I wanted to hit another park, I only hunted about an hour.
I will have to go back with my M6 and 9.5 coil to see what else I can get.

Dimeman

Attachments

• park1.JPG
    park1.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 726
  • driveway.JPG
    driveway.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 723
  • silver.JPG
    silver.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 719
Upvote 0
WOW, man, that spot looks very inticing. Congrats on the silver.
Bob

Go to another park....if I found four pieces of silver in one location you'd have to chase me out of there with a stick!!!!

Same here WhoKnows...have to be a big stick and they better bring an army. I sure wouldn't want to take a chance of some others getting in there and pulling out some silver. Congrats on the new site and the silver coins.

Nice finds and site! That is a great silver day, good luck when you get back there. HH, Mike

AHHH the jingle of silver
Nice :o

;D You might be onto something ,did you do any research on this site because you never know what or who was there .It would be interesting to find out .

tinkb said:
Same here WhoKnows...have to be a big stick and they better bring an army. I sure wouldn't want to take a chance of some others getting in there and pulling out some silver. Congrats on the new site and the silver coins.

It looked like there might have been some others have hunted around the slabs, due to some traces of covered up holes. I did a quick search around the slabs, but no targets, so I moved toward the driveway area.

It is a good sized area and my brother did some research on the location.

TokenFinder said:
Dimeman said:
tinkb said:

It looked like there might have been some others have hunted around the slabs, due to some traces of covered up holes. I did a quick search around the slabs, but no targets, so I moved toward the driveway area.

It is a good sized area and my brother did some research on the location.
Nice finds, especially for your first time there, for an area that I and others have scoured many many times. Especially along the driveway. I have a 1883 IH, 1918 merc, 1918 wheat, 1920 wheat from there. Suddenly you have all this silver!!! Wow!! What a great detectorist you are!! You must be lots better than the rest of us since we have hit that place several times and have only the one silver.........

BTW....how come you never post pennies? No wheats? No one from that era ever dropped wheat pennies? You must not be very good at finding the pennies but a master at finding silver in places that no one else can!! Good JOB!!!!

Here are the coords..... 29°46'48.31"N, 95°22'18.63"W park in the lot on the left....

I am not better than the rest of all of you. After 30 years of detecting off and on, I know a little bit about metal detecting and I simply choose not to dig anything except items higher on the target ID, the first time at any given place.

As for a hunting that place, you and others that have already hunted there, must be a super detectorists to cover..what 6 or 7 acres or more, so completely ,on the side of hills and in gullys and around every single tree, that you have found every single coin dropped there????

Don't you know, that any place, is never hunted out???

Believe what you want to believe.
I DID detect, and dug them up there.

And you should read the post down the list a little ways......... titled "No Such Thing As Hunted Out" :P

Token Finder,
You said in one of your posts
"for an area that I and others have scoured many many times" and also
"that whole area has been scoured"
That whole area is well over 6 acres and now your last post says that you "did not work all of the acres"

Did you scour the whole area or not?? Which is it??

And all this, IS relavant to the conversation.

I said there were "some good sized trees" not A LARGE TREE, and I also didn't say that I found the coins all in "one spot", by a large tree.

I was detecting along the driveway.

Have a nice day.

Dimeman

Nice group of finds for an hour!

I'm trying to figure out why the coordinates to the spot were posted, when you're obviously hunting this site. I'd never do that to a t-net member.

I deleted my earlier posts. I grew tired of squabbling. I am sure you will get many more silvers there. Gotta beat the rest of them to it though.....HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back