Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Old homesite finds, need help ID'ing

Went hunting an old homesite and found these 3 mystery items (one isn't quite a mystery but the name throws me off). First is a cone, about 1.25" at base. Could it be a candle snuffer?? Thats my best guess so far. The next I have no clue. I believe its brass, has a 2" ring, and attached is what could be a finger hold? I have no idea :) And last is a small clip or clasp, possibly off of suspenders? But the name stamped in it throws me off. It says "Paris Bolt Buckle". Hoping someone can help pinpoint this, and the others for me. The first two may be junk, but I'm just so curious! Cone1.jpgCone2.jpgRound1.jpgRound2.jpgParis1.jpgParis2.jpgParis3.jpg

I think the first one may be a bell that had a long handle on it. Kinda like the rich folks used to summon the help. The second may be the finger holder off a candle stick. But I have to admit I haven't seen one exactly like that. Your last one is a suspender buckle.

Upvote 0
My guess is first item is "snuffer" for candles...
Seconf item is from candle tray...
and third ... suspenders clip. ?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help! Funny thing about the cone is found a second one as well but its in worse shape so I showed this one. The round item, I still can't be sure. Seems too well made to be anything plumbing related. The clip is definitely off of clothing and probably suspenders. The "bolt buckle" is what I was hoping someone had heard of before. Google sure hasn't!

Upvote 0
Is the second bell shaped thing you found a little larger than the first. Might have been off a set of hames bells. They were different sizes for different tones. You got to wonder
what the animals that were wearing them thought about the idea of all those bells right in their ears.

hames bells.jpg

Upvote 0
second pic could be a really good pluck pick for banjo lol just guessing on that one. I know how it can nerve ya when trying to id stuff...

Upvote 0
Hi Companero,

First excuse my english, since it's not my first langage. Dont know for the first object, but the second one may be some antique rein guide or terret? I found one almost identical to yours, but the ring part on mine is circular, not flat as yours, but has the same base. I'm very curious too, someone more experienced than I am will surely chime in and "give us the real time". Thanks for sharing, your place seems promising, HH!

Upvote 0
Ahhhh yes! Thank you so much everyone for the help! I have some closure now as it were haha

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back