Old Home Site Hunt - 125+ years old, Very Old button, Eagle /w olive branch&arrows

eclipsegt3

Apr 30, 2011
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro , Garrett Pro Pointer , Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Home Site Hunt - 125+ years old, Very Old button, Eagle /w olive branch&arrows

I was hunting a very old home site today, I found a few very old axe heads and even a gear to a corn crusher, An then finally run over this Button, i think it is, came in at a 89-90 on my AT-Pro. Tell me what this thing this, an possible value . Thanks in advance!!

IMAG0220.jpg

IMAG0221.jpg

Upvote 1
Wow, great finds! Could I see the axe head please? I like the old axe heads.

Wow, great finds! Could I see the axe head please? I like the old axe heads.

I actually gave it to my mother in law, ill have to get a pic next time im over there.

World war 1 button. I've dug a few myself. Nice find. Not worth much though money wise. Historicaly, alot more

Hey there I found an old ww1 button too exactly like that one. Very nice. Was it made by the Austin Company? Check the back mark

Nice finds! You may want to "forget" to give her the ax head back! LOL. There's a market for them and there are a few on eBay. I have found my fourth ax head in just over a month this past weekend. I"ll be posting in just a few minutes. Btw.... All four were located within a couple hundred yards of old homesites.
As for the button, I'm not sure of the age, but it sure looks like a US Army insignia.
Congrats!

Nice find on the great seal button.

Hey there I found an old ww1 button too exactly like that one. Very nice. Was it made by the Austin Company? Check the back mark

actually the back of it is gone.. flaked away i guess...

thanks for the identification guys, really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back