Old Home site finds

lkylemoore

Jan 28, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Pro Pointer, Nel Storm, Maxpedition Octa Versipack, Grey Ghost Amphibian
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been out lately due to the hot, dry and humid weather and not having the spare time. The much welcomed fall-like, cooler weather and a day that I had some time to detect allowed me to de-stress from my job and "building a house" while finding some pretty cool relics and jewelry. I have a place near the house we are leasing while building our home and I have permission to md anytime I would like. It is a large property of pasture and woods that at one time had a house on it in the early to mid 1900s. There is nothing left of the house or signs other than a lot of iron and trash in the ground. I have checked the historic maps that are available for our area, but nothing is showing at that location to confirm the time period. Some of the highlights of my finds were a pair of earrings or necklaces that look to be copper. I found both of them in separate holes about 25 ft from each other. I also found a Tudor plated fork that dates backs to 1920s-1940s as for as I can tell. Found a something that resembles a broach or pin that is plated and has small colored stones in it. Found a few buttons with one showing writing "burro brand" and one showing "scotts level best". The best I can tell from research is they are from the time period of the presumed house that is no longer there. I also found 2 wheaties that were in bad shape with one showing either 1937 or 1957 and the other one is smooth with no date. A few of other notables were old lipsticks containers, multiple shotshell headstamps with some dating back early 1900s and 2 buckles. The weirdest notable were the two coyote teeth that were next to a skull in the same area of the old home location. No silver, but I really enjoyed the hunt and I can't wait to get back out again. Thanks for looking and I wish everyone happy and safe detecting!!!

IMG_7460.JPGIMG_7461.JPGIMG_7457.JPGIMG_7458.JPGIMG_7459.JPGIMG_7462.JPGIMG_7463.JPGIMG_7467.JPGIMG_7474.JPGIMG_7477.JPGIMG_7468.JPGIMG_7465.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 10
Looks like a great time! Glad you got a chance to get out, and thanks for sharing your awesome finds with us! -Lisa & John

Sweet hunt,,
A few more hunts and the silver will show up.
The Wheat pennies and lipstick tubes give up the right age.
Congrats on a good hunt.

Looks like a good time. That site should produce for a long time. Glad you got out. [emoji106]

HH RN

Congratualtions on the very productive Relic hunt! :icon_thumright:

Great hunt!...
That's one forked up fork!:tongue3:

That poor fork has seen better days! Nice recoveries! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back