dusty1530

Aug 14, 2013
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received permission from my town that I live in to search an old highschool it is no longer in use except for adult education but in the process of getting permission the superintendent had the police department called me and asked me why I want to search and they want me to call them and tell them when I'm on the property now I feel nervous to go what would you do

Well that certainly is weird, never heard of something like that before, if I had to guess they probably have had scrappers trying to loot the place, and since nobody seems to give anybody the benefit of doubt anymore, probably figured you for a thief, I say call em then go, if you are not doing anything other than what you asked to do, I do not see anything bad coming from it.
I am sure the you should not have asked..blah..blah blah crowd will chime in on this one.
Have a nice day and Happy Hunting.

Mike

........ now I feel nervous to go what would you do

What would I do? I'd feel nervous too!

What WOULD I (past tense) have done? Simply have gone. And not felt that anyone's permission was needed, to begin with. It's still a public school right? Albeit for adults, and not for high school kids anymore, but still public school anyhow. Good thing you got a "yes" (but as you deduce, you're simply the subject of their scrutiny now, etc...). You risked a "no", when perhaps no one would have ever cared less. Is the site fenced or posted or something which led you to think you couldn't be there after hours when not in school use ?

you ask and they want to know when you are there no problem. Call them tell them you are going to be there detecting and go. then when you are done call them back and tell them you are leaving and thank them for letting you detect.

I'd tell them the truth,that you want to detect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back