Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Gold Women's Watch Or Something Else

I was out metal detecting with my Garrett at pro at a old house

ForumRunner_20140528_195602.png

ForumRunner_20140528_195615.png

ForumRunner_20140528_195627.png

ForumRunner_20140528_195636.png

in the woods and I found this it says 14k gold so what do you think the value is if it is real.

Upvote 7
Its hard to tell how big it is without something included for size comparison. Gold is around $1260-$1270 an ounce right now.

That's awesome what year do you think it is from also what did yours weigh and how much do you think it is worth.

I plan on keeping it just wanted to know the above questions thanks

I looked at it again and it's about the size of a penny if that helps

14k is something like 58% of pure gold price per ounce.

excellent find. of course a gold buyer would only want the case, not the guts. if it weighed 6 grams, current gold value is 142 bucks. of course the buyer has to realize a profit, so his offer would be somewhat lower

If you can get a precise weight of the watch minus the inside mechanism, e.g. the parts that aren't gold, you can calculate the gold value at the following website which uses the current daily gold spot price for the results, then you could expect to get 75% to 90% of that value if sold to gold buyers.

http://dendritics.com/metal-calc/

It looks like an older type ladies watch and the color looks like gold, I'd say you got the real deal! Congrats!
They usually didn't bother to mark it if it wasn't gold back in the day, little more honest I guess.

I took it to a jewelry place and it weighed 3.1 grams. The guy there said it was real. I might wait for the price of 14k gold to go up because I don't need the money asap he offered me $40 for it. They were paying $13 a gram.

In years to come you might see gold prices go up considerably, It's like money in the bank, but better.

It is real for sure... I was in the business for 20 years buying and selling scrap gold. Knock out the old movement and then get it weighed and you will know for sure. Great find!

I already got the junk out of the middle and that's how it weighed 3.1 grams

Nice golden oldie there I would be tempted to restore it with a movement and band, it looks cool!

Thanks for all the reply's

Old Gold Women's Watch Or Something Else

It looks like an older type ladies watch and the color looks like gold, I'd say you got the real deal! Congrats!
They usually didn't bother to mark it if it wasn't gold back in the day, little more honest I guess.

Unfortunately it seems MOST people were a little more honest back in the day....people rarely locked their doors, no need for spare keys...you could leave them in the ignition...when you bought something, the vendor only had their reputation to sell their goods cause tv was still not prevalent like today. Cjon and I stopped yesterday at a guy's house to ask info on his neighbor's house, and the poor guy looked like he was about to pee himself, lol. The funniest thing was that he was at least twice Chris's size! Big burly biker looking guy, ha! People just don't trust strangers anymore.

Very nice gold find you've made. Gold has eluded me so far this year.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it seems MOST people were a little more honest back in the day....people rarely locked their doors, no need for spare keys...you could leave them in the ignition...when you bought something, the vendor only had their reputation to sell their goods cause tv was still not prevalent like today. Cjon and I stopped yesterday at a guy's house to ask info on his neighbor's house, and the poor guy looked like he was about to pee himself, lol. The funniest thing was that he was at least twice Chris's size! Big burly biker looking guy, ha! People just don't trust strangers anymore.

Very nice gold find you've made. Gold has eluded me so far this year.

Lol! Maybe he thought you were DEA and there for his stash! Things are different now days!
I'm in the "no gold so far" boat with ya Old Dude. I'm working on it tho!

Try dif jewlers, that one was def ripping you off!

If anyone wants to know it rang up in the low to mid 50'S and was probably like 3 inches down.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back