Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found some clues digging around online early this morning and decided to go for a hike and give it a swing. The place is mostly overgrown with huge deadfalls and impenetrable ground vegetation but I found a few small areas to swing the coil.
Recovered two Chinese cash coins, a "dollar' pocket watch, a skeleton keyhole escutcheon, a drawer pull and a couple of buttons.
IMG_7462.jpg

The watch is an Ingersoll, the inventors of the 1$ pocket watch. Kinda strange that there's a 1922 patent date when Wiki says the company went bankrupt in 1921. :dontknow:
IMG_7463.jpg

Info on the cash coins:
IMG_7464.JPG

Upvote 22
Interesting (and loaded with history) watch you found. Not only was it a Dollar Watch (the cost when the average wage was $1.00 per day), but the Ingersoll Watch Company had some great 'firsts'; like:
  • The smallest existing pocket watch.
  • ‘RADIOLITE’: the first glow in the dark watch.
  • The first ever military watch, which was designed with the involvement of the armed forces.
  • The first character watch, which was commissioned by Disney to feature Mickey Mouse.
Source: https://us.ingersoll1892.com/pages/history
Don in So Cal.

Nice selection of history.
Liking the Cash coins.
Here is when the pocket watch was made.
(I hope I read the serial number correct)

Screenshot_20240803_203853_Chrome.jpg

Found some clues digging around online early this morning and decided to go for a hike and give it a swing. The place is mostly overgrown with huge deadfalls and impenetrable ground vegetation but I found a few small areas to swing the coil.
Recovered two Chinese cash coins, a "dollar' pocket watch, a skeleton keyhole escutcheon, a drawer pull and a couple of buttons.
View attachment 2162128

The watch is an Ingersoll, the inventors of the 1$ pocket watch. Kinda strange that there's a 1922 patent date when Wiki says the company went bankrupt in 1921. :dontknow:
View attachment 2162129

Info on the cash coins:
View attachment 2162130
great saves, am always intrigued with the chinese cash coins, wtg

At first the Chinese cash coins threw me for a loop, then I remembered this was a railroad hunt and things started to add up once I recalled 8th grade history.

View attachment 2162128

View attachment 2162129

Info on the cash coins:
View attachment 2162130
well done. these are good finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back