Old Gas Cap ID

LogansRun

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found an old gas cap and was wondering if anyone could tell me what vehicle it may have come off of. It is right at 4.5 inches wide. Thanks
MVC-003S.JPGMVC-001S.JPGMVC-002S.JPG

A simple google search of old metal gas caps returned this image

13766_336427040246_326722545246_992.jpg

What was your question again?

Upvote 0
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
I was just trying to find a photo similar to what Uncle Jeff posted, this is not as exciting as what Uncle Jeff posted, but I think this is what you have.

AU, well, you know the old saying . . . .Bootie is in the eye of the beer holder! :laughing7: Breezie

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Mmmmmmm. Shelby Cobra.

Old enough to notice AND remember the car. * sigh *

Upvote 0
Someday you'll be here. The car represents something I can take for a spin on back roads - like to the ice cream stand - and have a good time for two hours.

The girl would be bored with me in three minutes and break my heart - and the bank as well.

Mmmmmmmm. Shelby Cobra and a vanilla cone. ;-)

Upvote 0
That is a Ford gas cap.

My dad owned a '70 Maverick that was Butterscotch in color. I couldn't forget that gas cap in a million years.

But, dad's gas cap had the word "Maverick" in the center of the cap...and I am pretty sure it had the bull's head logo too.

While it is probably correct for a Maverick, I'd say it is a Grenada cap. Dad had a '75 Grenada too, but I don't remember the cap having a name or logo on that one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is a Ford gas cap.

My dad owned a '70 Maverick that was Butterscotch in color. I couldn't forget that gas cap in a million years.

But, dad's gas cap had the word "Maverick" in the center of the cap...and I am pretty sure it had the bull's head logo too.

While it is probably correct for a Maverick, I'd say it is a Grenada cap. Dad had a '75 Grenada too, but I don't remember the cap having a name or logo on that one.

Mavericks had several options for the gas caps, the OP gas cap is the standard gas, the deluxe gas cap had the Steer logo on it, the 76/77 models had the word "Maverick" on them.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back