Old Faucet

Desert Don

Dec 28, 2015
On the Mojave Desert near Mojave.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, and Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. In the past: Home made detector (circa 1969), World War II mine detector, Fisher M70 M-Scope (1971), Bounty Hunter TR 550, Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is a water faucet. What I would like to know is the approximate year it was made. It is made of Brass and was found buried in the back yard of my family's old home place. I used my Garrett AT Pro to locate it approximate 6 inches down. As I have stated before, this house was built by my Grandfather in 1909. He died there in 1930, and my Grandmother died there in 1950.
20161016_095634.jpg

Is there any makers name or logo on it ?

Upvote 0
I think it's an outside hose faucet - from the 40's . We have a similar one on our old farmhouse . That reminds me - I need to shut the valve in the cellar & drain it before freezing weather hits

Upvote 0
Similar models are still made today, so it may be difficult to determine maker, model, or age based solely on the images provided. I am guessing that there are still identifying marks you may have overlooked.

Time me for more coffee.

Upvote 0
Possibly! I'll have to clean it up a bit later. I'm think it had to have been installed when the water system was add to the house. And that was 1909.
Similar models are still made today, so it may be difficult to determine maker, model, or age based solely on the images provided. I am guessing that there are still identifying marks you may have overlooked.

Time me for more coffee.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back