Old Farm equipment and spoon

jaylrock

Apr 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these misc. items in an area that looks to be a small farmstead along time ago. The foundations are are built like rock walls and plenty old square type nails are ringing constantly. The button and spoon were found around to what I believe was the small house maybe 18x11 and split in the middle. There is also red brick around but not alot. I was hoping that someone could give me an approx. date. On one side of the house the ground is sunk in. does this sound correct? root cellar? Also what I believe to be the out house is also sunk lower but no hits besides "nails" I use a coin pro by whites and maybe its not penetrating deep enough. What are your thoughts? Detecting1.jpgdetecting2.jpgspoon 2.jpgspoon1.jpg Items in Dutchess county Ny revolutionary area

Upvote 2
Very nice ... Prolly a productive location.

The spoon and button are superior ... :icon_thumright:

Got a pic of the front of the button???

~ Al

Congrats. It looks like you are doing great. If soil is damp you are probably getting as much depth as you are going to. What ever condition it is in try the opposite in time. Also different settings when you get to where finds quit. That ox shoe raises the question of how long ago they were used there. Its old for my area and if you found that your detector is going to do a decent job ,if you are getting the most out of it.The depression on house side could well be a cellar. Lots to cover around that homesite I,ll bet. Neat stuff you dug!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply's. Can anyone estimate age? I think i'm going to really take my time and dig everything. Thanks again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back