Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• DSCN0017.JPG
    DSCN0017.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 418
Porcelain or painted ? Looks like it says "made in USA" on one corner and a Date (?) on the other . It could be a reproduction cause I've seen these reproduced before from Auto's , Flight Services like Pan-Am and Gasoline , Oil and others . You name it and it's been repo'd at one time or another . It looks way to new and clean to be real but I'd like to see it more in a close up and also the backside to really give my opinion on it to give it a value. IMHO , Woodstock

Reproduction prints sell from $25-$45 . Can't 100% say if this is a repro or not. Maybe another picture in better light could help someone 100% ID it as repro or real.

It is definitely enameled and rather heavy , and it says Made in USA on the bottom left and 3-1-60 on the right.

The back has some rust and scratches around where the attachment holes are.

IF.... it were an original sign from 1960.....what would it be worth?

I did a little research on these signs and I'm pretty sure you have a legit one! The ones from the 1940s from what I seen online go from $200-$400. The ones from the 50s and 60s look like they are selling around the $100-180 range.

Great information and I'm glad it was dated . Most of these don't survive as well as your and if I were a collector I would top this out at $200 to $225 cause of the great condition ! Nice find and I glad for you that this isn't a repo ... Happy Trails , Woodstock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back