Old counterweight or hammer head/ tool head???

ilovemycows

May 26, 2013
Joshua, Texas
Detector(s) used
ATPro, Garret Ace 250 (my son's), Garrett Pro Pointer(s)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a heavy piece with a perfect circle hole in the middle. Measures 2.5" long. It has significant wear inward on one of the long sides. It weighs 6.9 oz. What is it? TIA. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446360732.854337.jpg

Last edited:
If the hole is tapered, it might be a hammer head, if the hole is straight and even in diameter, it wouldn't be. What material is it made from?

Upvote 0
The hole is not tapered. I tried to clean it with BarKeepers Friend but the color didn't change. It is brown. It weighs 6.9oz. Not soft enough to be lead. Now that I've cleaned it more there is a very small pin hole on one side of the big hole on the thinnest area.

Upvote 0
Where was this found or some better context will help us figure this out better.

Upvote 0
Was found in a early segregated neighborhood - houses dated from late 1800's - early 1900's. Actually found in a yard about 6" deep.

Upvote 0
MAN I HAVE THE SAME THING MAYBE WE BOTH CAN GET AN ANSWER .

Upvote 0
Sutphin, Is yours worn on one side more than the other side? What type of area did you find yours? How far does the area date? Can you post a photo of yours too?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is it possible that this is an old blacksmith tool head? TIA.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back